Saturday, February 04, 2006

Horsehead History: Super Bowl XXIV- San Francisco 55, Denver 10

After this game Joe Montana went upstairs to masturbate
Jerry Rice caught 7 passes for 148 yards and 3 touchdowns. Roger Craig had a touchdown. Tom Rathman had 2 touchdowns. Super Bowl MVP Joe Montana threw for 5 touchdowns. That's how it went. San Francisco destroyed Denver 55-10 in the most one-sided Super Bowl ever. John Elway threw for 109 yards with 0TDs and 2 INT's and was mercilously replaced by Gary Kubiak at the end of this nightmare, the Broncos 4th straight Super Bowl loss and John Elway's 3rd straight Super Bowl loss. A night that made everyone who saw it wonder if John Elway and the Broncos would ever win a Super Bowl.

Horsehead's Thoughts: Pat Bowlen complained to the league before the game that in the dressing that the league used to decorate the divider between the first and second sections of the Superdome that detailed Super Bowl scores with helmets, that the Broncos helmet was in the same spot as where the losing helmets were in all the other dressings. That's where it belonged. Everyone knew the Broncos had no shot in this game and the 49ers proved it.

Four Super Bowls four losses to four teams that were superior and should have been favored to win. That made watching them no less excrutiating.

This is the only Super Bowl I have not watched from beginning to end. I turned it off after a John Taylor touchdown reception made the score 41-3. The problem is because the Super Bowl does such monster ratings, no channels put anything worth watching on against the Super Bowl. So I resorting to playing Tecmo Bowl on my Nintendo until I realized I hated football and what it did to me every year. I think the night ended with me making my own course in Excitebike.


SuperBowl.com Recap

Box Score

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home